Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Monday 23 July 2012

Today I am sad

A truly great author has left this world.. Margaret Mahy has died.
Here's me on the other side of the world, and how did I hear about the passing of one of NZ's loved writers? On Facebook!
It never fails to astound me  how despite the fact that out  there somewhere   there  been a personal tragedy for someone,that  the world goes on.
I remember,r when my Dad died, looking at people round me carrying on as normal,wanting to shoot out to them don't you  know that my world had just been knocked askew, that it will never be the same without that special man. The world came to a halt when Princess Dianna died and we shared out grief, but for just an ordinary man the circle of those who are affected was tiny.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/books/7334039/Margaret-Mahy-dies-Tributes-to-great-NZ-author

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/photos/7334511/Margaret-Mahy-in-photos

RIP Margaret.

No comments:

Post a Comment