Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Monday 23 September 2013

Monday monday...



Another Monday, reminds me of that Mamma Cass classic . Monday Monday

If you’ve never heard it click in the link r past it into your browser

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_40818/mama-cass-elliot/tpx_4996842

Monday, Monday, can't trust that day
Monday, Monday, it just turns out that way
Oh, Monday, Monday, won't go away
Monday, Monday, it's here to stay

Who was Mamma Cass I hear you say, well I would if I could.
If you don’t know who she was here’s a bit of a bio.

Cass Elliot, better known as "Mama Cass," was born on September 19, 1941, in Baltimore, Maryland became a folk singer in 1963. In 1965, she formed The Mamas and the Papas, becoming an overnight success. They produced hits such as "California Dreamin'" and "Monday, Monday." After the band broke up in 1968, Elliot had some success as a solo act, but died suddenly from heart failure, at the age of 32.

Ah they don’t write songs like that anymore.
Understandable words with a tune, and not a swear word in sight.
"How do I tell people who I am? Not being a writer, the only way is to sing songs that reflect my opinions."
– Mama Cass

No comments:

Post a Comment