Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Tuesday 22 January 2013

A different sort of soap box...



Did you know that yesterday was the anniversary of the death of Queen Victoria who died 101 years ago? I didn’t. Something else to put into the useless information box in the brain. 

It was very cold this morning at minus two and a bit. So on with the waterproof over trousers to keep out the lazy wind. The crisp snow underfoot that originally felt like walking on slightly damp sand, quite pleasing really, has become slushy and a bit slippery, and turned a dirty grey.
Makes me think of the old adverts for soap powder, Somebody’s mum hasn’t been using persil, or was it Rinso. 

Now thinking about those old adds had me googling to try to find images of them. And being easily side tracked The Man and I have spent an interesting time saying to each other, Oh, I remember that one, and that one, and that one.

It was fun to take a trip down memory lane.
Let me share a couple of them with you. 







No comments:

Post a Comment