Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Sunday 19 May 2013

another lazy sunday



When I woke up in the wee small hours I could hear the rain hitting the window. What better thing to do than roll over and go back to sleep. 

And that is exactly what I did.

It was mid-morning by the time The Man and I got up and though the ground was still wet the rain had gone. 

Mmm brunch of bacon, eggs, and mushies sounds good. Had to do a quick trip to the local supermarket for the mushies before The Man could work his magic.
And he did it well too. Nom nom nom

The Man had gotten to know one of his work colleagues pretty well. The chap has had a run in with bowel cancer and after surgery is still undergoing chemo. For all that he looks well, even after suffering a small stroke while in hospital. Add to that that his wife has recently had surgery on her knee, and they are a very resilient couple who are about 10 years older than us.  So that’s where we went this afternoon

Im’ still working my way through documenting the entire 1841 census for Wilby, only another couple of pages left to go. I’m not sure if the effort has been worth it. So far I have three other Harvey families.
I’ll wait until the documentation complete before I decide.  

No comments:

Post a Comment