Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Monday 31 December 2012

Change of plan...



 I said yesterday that I won’t be posting on this site again, but on second thoughts, I will continue simply because it is easier to keep on than to start all over. And if I have to fork out some dosh to post more pictures then so be it.
OK that said what am I going to write about tonight. 

Work today was a bit of doddle, patient wise that is. We only opened until 1400. But there was a lot of paperwork. I don’t know if I have mentioned it before, that shortly we will finally be switching from paper feels to computer based notes. It can’t happen soon enough for me. I feel like I am working back in the dark ages, having to hand write everything down. And I write badly enough to be a doctor. O when will this grand transformation take place? Who knows!

I’ve worked in my current position for two years and we’ve been going computer since before that. It is closer though as we have for the last couple of months been pulling each and every file. Then begin the boring task of sorting through it, discarding duplicates, collating results and incoming mail and going on to the next one. Happy daze. 

There is a good thing about not seeing too many clients in that I can have National Radio New Zeeland’s all night programme. Good to hear the familiar voices and her updated news and current events. 

Best of all today was a song that made me laugh. Gerry and the Merito singing what was controversial at the time it was released. My Old Man’s an All Black. It was a rugby tour to South Africa when the Maori players were not allowed to go. 

The song was recorded in the Pukekohe Town Hall on a little tape recorder beside the stage, and a plastic microphone. The worst recorded song of the many recordings they did, but it sold the most copies. It included many comic asides such as "Fi Fi Fo Fum, there's no Horis in this scrum."

No comments:

Post a Comment