Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Thursday 14 March 2013

I'm shaking my head here....



Still very chilly this morning, almost minus four!

So what did I get up to today? 

We’ve been a bit ticked off with the interest rate the banks are offering over here. A whole 0.5%. So we thought as that is so pathetic that we would put some of our savings in Premium Bonds, British equivalent to the Kiwi Bonus Bonds. Sounded easy  so
I went online to download the online registration form. And Hello, you cannot fill It in online. So I printed it off, filled it in and took it to the local post office. Woman behind the counter looked at me as though I was nuts. You can’t hand that in over the counter. Why not I say, all I want to do is register so that I can manage the account online. You have to have an account before you can register online.

Seems that all that registering by post will do is to have a registration form sent out to me
OK, so I have to fill in that form and bring it back and hand it in and then I can send this one away to register to manage it online?
Affirmative.
So why can’t I register for the online service at the same time as I hand in this form.

The answer is as I expected, that’s just the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment