Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Tuesday 19 March 2013

Here we go again.....

 
Do you remember a few days ago me grumbling about the rigmarole I went through to try to buy some premium bonds.
Well the saga continues.
The advice given to me by the woman behind the counter at the post office told me that that I should phone the bank to tell them that I would be using my debit card to buy the bonds.
So what did I do today?
Yes, that’s right I phoned the bank, held on for ages and ages pushed one, pushed three, pushed four…well you get the picture.
And when I finally got through to a person and explained what I wanted to do, do you know what he said?
“I’m sorry, but I can’t put a comment on your account.”
“So what do I do?” I asked.
“Just get the post office to give the Bank a call when you make the transaction.”

OMG, I feel like I am going around in circles here.

I know I’m a bit of a devil for punishment, but….watch this space because I am going to go back to the post office again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment