Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Sunday 17 February 2013

Quiet day...



A foggy day in London town.

Did you know that they had written a song about it. 


I spent a bit of today entering the information I collected yesterday at the Society of genealogist into spread sheets to try to make sense of it all.

For a while I thought I had cracked it and found the family of my four times great grandfather, William Harvey. It looked really good until I compared the burial records with the baptisms.

23/6/1771
William HARVEY
son of Robert and Lydia HARVEY
23/9/1771
William  HARVEY
infant




It is sad to see so many young deaths. Families often named one child after another with the same name, only to lose all of them. 

Comparing marriage and burial registers shows deaths of spouses, and then remarriages.
Life certainly was much tougher in those days .  

No comments:

Post a Comment