Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Wednesday 6 November 2013

Now that's what I call a movie...

Blogging on the train on the way home is a tad bunpy.
Not as bumpy as the move The Man and I have just seen.
Tom hanks in Captain Phillips.
A pretty tense movie too I can tell you.
He's the captain of a container ship that is hijacked by Somali pirates.
It's based ona true story.
OK so there will have been a bit of artistic licence, even so it is a powerful story.
And Tom Hanks...well he's a great actor and played the part well.
As the tension built I was holding my breath and I think most of the audience was too. Not a rustle of a sweet wrapper or munch op popcorn to be heard. Though I did hear the occasional sharp intake of breath from one of the folks sitting behind us.
The Man and I feel a bit shell shocked.
If you like a tense drama with lots of action this is one you should see.

Just hope it doesn't give us nightmares

1 comment: