Geriatric OE

The weekly musing of a couple of Kiwis on their geriatric OE in The UK






Saturday 16 November 2013

Looking for....



Well that wasn’t a very nice dream to wake up to.
Short version is I got lost…OK so those of you who know me  will be aware that I am geographically challenged….but that dream was ridiculous.
So ‘nuff said about that …

The man and I headed out to visit a local records office to look at some registers.
And it was very chilly out there too.
The good folks at the office informed me that I could have looked at them online on Ancestry…hmm so what next.
After some considerable mulling I looked at some maps and then some newspaper clippings about dockers then did a bit of reading around the lives of women.
By which time both of us were more than a tad peckish…so it was time to call it a day.
I did buy yet another book, about the working life of London’s East End, and an old ordinance survey map.
By the time we got back to Crystal palace it was getting dark, but it was only 1630.  So a quick trip to Iceland, the supermarket not the country, for essential supplies.
This evening I had a look on Ancestry and sure enough there were the parish registers I was hoping to look at this morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment